Homebrew Website Club - Pacific
- Troubleshooting PHP in WordPress
- Collecting best practices for organizing pop-ups
- Testing automatic live Zoom transcription
- Pros and cons of preserving automatic transcription in archive.org records
- Ephemeral posts - replicating Stories on your website
One big HWC, for anyone who is available. People from all parts of the world are welcome.
Pacific refers to the timezone(GMT-8) where the event time is centered.
What's Homebrew Website Club?
Homebrew Website Club is a meetup for anyone interested in personal websites and a distributed web. Whether you’re a blogger, coder, designer, or just someone who wants to improve their presence on the web, this meetup is for you.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site, or are interested in a healthy, independent web!
What Are "Chat" and "Etherpad"?
If you have questions, ask away in the the IndieWeb chat channel, usable from a browser, IRC, Slack, or Matrix.
At each HWC, we take collaborative notes using Etherpad. This week's link is https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-01-26
Who's Running This Thing?
- A/V Club - David Shanske
Timing and Agenda
You're free to stick around as long as the Zoom room is active. The room is reserved for 2 Hours.
Here's a typical agenda:
- 5-10 minutes: Introductions, especially from first-timers
- 1-2 minutes: Take a picture (you don't have to be in it)
- 10-20 minutes: Demos of personal website breakthroughs
- 5-10 minutes: Pick on topics for freeform discussion
- Rest of the time: Share and discuss ideas
If none of that means anything to you, don't worry about it: just show up! The Zoom meeting link will appear shortly before the meeting time.
What Else Can I Attend?
Check events.indieweb.org for next week's meetup, including events centered around different time zones.