Homebrew Website Club - Pacific
- ideas for 2022 Pop-Up topics, including how to display responses and meta gardening
- ways to make the video archives more useful
One big HWC, for anyone who is available. People from all parts of the world are welcome.
Pacific refers to the timezone(GMT-8) where the event time is centered.
What's Homebrew Website Club?
Homebrew Website Club is a meetup for anyone interested in personal websites and a distributed web. Whether you’re a blogger, coder, designer, or just someone who wants to improve their presence on the web, this meetup is for you.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site, or are interested in a healthy, independent web!
What Are "Chat" and "Etherpad"?
If you have questions, ask away in the the IndieWeb chat channel, usable from a browser, IRC, Slack, or Matrix.
At each HWC, we take collaborative notes using Etherpad. This week's link is https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-03-23
Who's Running This Thing?
- A/V Club - David Shanske
Timing and Agenda
You're free to stick around as long as the Zoom room is active. The room is reserved for 2 Hours.
Here's a typical agenda:
- 5-10 minutes: Introductions, especially from first-timers
- 1-2 minutes: Take a picture (you don't have to be in it)
- 10-20 minutes: Demos of personal website breakthroughs
- 5-10 minutes: Pick on topics for freeform discussion
- Rest of the time: Share and discuss ideas
If your website supports it, post an indie RSVP. You can also log in with your website and click “I'm Going” below.
If none of that means anything to you, don't worry about it: just show up! The Zoom meeting link will appear shortly before the meeting time.
What Else Can I Attend?
Check events.indieweb.org for next week's meetup, including events centered around different time zones.