Monthly Guiding Compass Homebrew Website Club
The first HWC of the month, let's talk bigger picture IndieWeb, beyond our personal websites. The “guiding compass” is a twist on a standard HWC with an emphasis on community collaboration. This is a new, evolving format.
What's Homebrew Website Club?
Homebrew Website Club is a meetup for anyone interested in personal websites and a distributed web. Whether you’re a blogger, coder, designer, or just someone who wants to improve their presence on the web, this meetup is for you.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site, or are interested in a healthy, independent web!
What Are "Chat" and "Etherpad"?
If you have questions, ask away in the the IndieWeb chat channel, usable from a browser, IRC, Slack, or Matrix.
At each HWC, we take collaborative notes using Etherpad. This week's link is https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-05-04-guiding
Who's Running This Thing?
- A/V Club - David Shanske
What are some topics to expect?
- Potentially talking about working on /itches
- Get input on and share communal projects you're working on
- Big picture web trends and the IndieWeb ecosystem
- Current wins/gripes from people outside the community
- Break through sticking points on IndieWeb projects
- Discuss IndieWeb projects and ideas
- Connect and get feedback across disciplines
- Inspiration from outside the IndieWeb
- Get a hand testing things you need
- Work on collaborative Wiki gardening
Timing and Agenda
You're free to stick around as long as the Zoom room is active. The room is reserved for 2 Hours.
Here's a typical agenda:
- 5-10 minutes: Introductions, especially from first-timers
- 1-2 minutes: Take a picture (you don't have to be in it)
- 10-20 minutes: Demos of personal website breakthroughs
- 5-10 minutes: Pick on topics for freeform discussion
- Rest of the time: Share and discuss ideas
If none of that means anything to you, don't worry about it: just show up! The Zoom meeting link will appear shortly before the meeting time.
What Else Can I Attend?
Check events.indieweb.org for next week's meetup, including events centered around different time zones.