Guiding Compass Homebrew Website Club
The first HWC of the month, let's talk bigger picture IndieWeb, beyond our personal websites. The “guiding compass” is a twist on a standard HWC with an emphasis on community collaboration. This is a new, evolving format.
Homebrew Website Club is a meetup for anyone interested in personal websites and a distributed web. Whether you’re a blogger, coder, designer, or just someone who wants to improve their presence on the web, come join us!
What will we talk about at a Guiding Compass HWC?
- Get input on and share communal projects you're working on
- Big picture web trends and the IndieWeb ecosystem
- Current wins/gripes from people outside the community
- Break through sticking points on IndieWeb projects
- Share what you're working on /itches
- Discuss IndieWeb projects and ideas
- Connect and get feedback across disciplines
- Inspiration from outside the IndieWeb
- Get a hand testing things you need
- Work on collaborative Wiki gardening
This week's Etherpad: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-06-01-guiding
Notes for first-time attendees
- It's fine to join any time during the event, and head out whenever you need to, so don't worry if you're running late or can only come for a little while
- You can stick around for as long as the room is active
- We take collaborative notes using Etherpad - add yourself as an attendee and use the Etherpad to share links and take notes as we talk
- Ask questions in the IndieWeb chat channel, usable from a browser, IRC, Slack, Discord, or Matrix
- We take a picture to include in our This Week in the IndieWeb digest, which is syndicated to Twitter - you don't have to be in the picture
Who's Running This Thing?
- A/V Club - David Shanske
If your website supports it, post an indie RSVP. You can also log in with your website and click “I'm Going” below.
If none of that means anything to you, don't worry about it: just show up! The Zoom meeting link will appear shortly before the meeting time.
What Else Can I Attend?
Check events.indieweb.org for next week's meetup, including events centered around different time zones.