Guiding Compass Homebrew Website Club
The first HWC of the month, let's talk bigger picture IndieWeb, beyond our personal websites. The “guiding compass” is a twist on a standard HWC with an emphasis on community collaboration. This is a new, evolving format.
Homebrew Website Club is a meetup for anyone interested in personal websites and a distributed web. Whether you’re a blogger, coder, designer, or just someone who wants to improve their presence on the web, come join us!
What will we talk about at a Guiding Compass HWC?
- Get input on and share communal projects you're working on
- Big picture web trends and the IndieWeb ecosystem
- Current wins/gripes from people outside the community
- Break through sticking points on IndieWeb projects
- Share what you're working on /itches
- Discuss IndieWeb projects and ideas
- Connect and get feedback across disciplines
- Inspiration from outside the IndieWeb
- Get a hand testing things you need
- Work on collaborative Wiki gardening
This week's Etherpad: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/hwc-2022-06-01-guiding
Notes for first-time attendees
- It's fine to join any time during the event, and head out whenever you need to, so don't worry if you're running late or can only come for a little while
- You can stick around for as long as the room is active
- We take collaborative notes using Etherpad - add yourself as an attendee and use the Etherpad to share links and take notes as we talk
- Ask questions in the IndieWeb chat channel, usable from a browser, IRC, Slack, Discord, or Matrix
- We take a picture to include in our This Week in the IndieWeb digest, which is syndicated to Twitter - you don't have to be in the picture
Who's Running This Thing?
- A/V Club - David Shanske
If none of that means anything to you, don't worry about it: just show up! The Zoom meeting link will appear shortly before the meeting time.
What Else Can I Attend?
Check events.indieweb.org for next week's meetup, including events centered around different time zones.