IndieWebCamp Popup: Displaying Responses
Incorporating aesthetics and functionality for displaying responses and quotes from other sites on our websites. (Less about the technical how-to, more about interpersonal considerations and user-friendly styling.) Some ideas:
- how to display homepage mentions
- how to style webmentions (e.g. do you want posts from people you know to show up differently?)
- how to display a blogroll
- how to style 'quotes' for different post kinds
We could also discuss the "should we" side of backfeed, which has come up in chat recently.
All are welcome!
Facilitated by: Tracy Durnell (tracydurnell in chat)
Tentative Schedule (all times Pacific):
9:30-9:40 | Welcome and introductions
9:40-9:50 | Decide what we want to talk about
9:50-10:40 | Discussion
10:40-10:45 | Bio break + take a picture (optional)
10:45-11:25 | Discussion
11:25-11:30 | Wrap-up
- hashtag: #DisplayingResponses
- IndieWeb Chat Room - or other ways to join the chat
- Etherpad: https://etherpad.indieweb.org/DisplayingResponses-Popup (for real time chat, questions, and note taking during the session)
- Code of Conduct: This event is covered by the IndieWeb Code of Conduct. By participating, you're acknowledging your acceptance of this code.
What's an IndieWeb Popup? Since the pause on in-person meetups, we've done online Indie Web Camps and Homebrew Website Clubs. We've also started having a new type of event called a popup: a single IWC session as a standalone event.
If your website supports it, post an indie RSVP to this event.
Or, log in to indieweb.org and click “I'm Going” below.
(And if none of this means anything to you, don't worry about it; just show up on the day!)