September 2023 SWICG Community Meeting
To participate in this meeting, you must join the Social Web Community Group. You can join the group by signing up on the W3C website. If you have any questions about signing up, send a message in the #indieweb-meta channel in the IndieWeb chat.
The Social Web Community Group met on September 12th in a hybrid W3C TPAC session, and in subsequent sessions on September 13th concerning ActivityPub test suite development and data portability.
We have scheduled a meeting for Friday, September 22nd to follow on from discussions during the meetings held at TPAC.
The meeting will be at 9am ET / 2pm UK / 6am PT.
The rough agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions (optional) and community announcements
- IP Protection Note Reminder: (a) Anyone can participate in these calls. However, all substantive contributors to any CG Work Items must be members of the CG with full IPR agreements signed, and (b); To contribute to Work Items: ensure you have a W3 account, and sign the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
- Discussion on rechartering W3C Social Web Working Group (WG).
- If it is decided that a WG would be beneficial to help us advance our social web work, discuss the scope of said WG. This information will then be used to inform a Charter for the group.
- Motion to start a data portability task force that would focus on social web data portability (particularly with regard to ActivityPub).
- Discussion on scope of said task force.
- Any other business.
All interested Social Web Community Group members are encouraged to attend the meeting, especially if you want to record your position on a WG and data portability task force. During the call, minutes will be taken by the appointed scribe and distributed after the meeting, as usual.
If you have any other business to propose, please contact the Chairs.
If you would like to review the meeting notes from TPAC, you can do so from the following links:
- SWICG group meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/12-social-minutes.html
- Data portability meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/13-social-minutes.html
- Test suite meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/13-socialweb-test-suite-minutes.html
During the Meeting
The meeting will be held on Jitsi. The meeting link will appear at the top of this page 15 minutes before the start of the call.
During the meeting, notes and votes will be taken and recorded in IRC. Join #social in the irc.w3.org community to participate in the IRC room during the meeting. You can also participate from the online W3C IRC client.