October 2023 SWICG Community Meeting
To participate in this meeting, you must join the Social Web Community Group. You can join the group by signing up on the W3C website. If you have any questions about signing up, send a message in the #indieweb-meta channel in the IndieWeb chat.
The W3C Social Web Community Group are scheduling a Community Group meeting for Friday, October 6th.
The meeting will be at 11am ET / 4pm UK / 8am PT.
The rough agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions (optional) and community announcements.
- IP Protection Note Reminder: (a) Anyone can participate in these calls. However, all substantive contributors to any CG Work Items must be members of the CG with full IPR agreements signed, and (b); To contribute to Work Items: ensure you have a W3 account, and sign the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
- A discussion on scope for a prospective WG, following on from our previous CG meeting, discussions on the mailing list, and contributions to the wiki (see below for more information).
- Discussion to start a data portability task force that would focus on social web data portability (particularly with regard to ActivityPub), and the scope thereof.
- Discussion on a formal decision making process for the group, following on from community discussion.
- Any other business.
During the Meeting
The meeting will be held on Jitsi. The meeting link will appear at the top of this page 15 minutes before the start of the call.
During the meeting, notes and votes will be taken and recorded in IRC. Join #social in the irc.w3.org community to participate in the IRC room during the meeting. You can also participate from the online W3C IRC client.